- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped salted almonds
- 34 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fit a sheet
of foil over a 9 by 9-inch baking pan and leave a 2-inch overhang for
the handles. Spray with nonstick spray.
Add the butter and chocolate to a medium saucepan over low heat.
Stir until melted and smooth, then remove from the heat. Stir in the
brown sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and stir until well
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt,
and baking powder. Add this dry mixture, in increments, to the chocolate
mixture, and mix well until smooth. Stir in the almonds.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the brownies from the oven, and sprinkle with the chocolate
chips and marshmallows. Put the pan back in the oven and bake until the
marshmallows are puffy and melted, about 5 more minutes. Let the
brownies cool in the pan before removing and slicing.